Between the hours that you spend getting work done, spending time with your kids, and making sure the household is running smoothly, it can be pretty challenging finding time to spend with your partner.
However, research suggests that spending quality time with your partner each week is key to having a happy and healthy relationship. In fact, one study found that couples who spend quality time together at least once a week are three times as likely to say that they are very happy with their relationship than couples that don’t set aside weekly time for each other.
Here are ten ideas for ways that you can spend date night with your partner each week.
- Movie Night - Take some time to check out the latest movie to hit the theaters. Or, if you are short on money or can’t find a sitter, rent a movie from Redbox or Netflix, put the kids to bed, pop some popcorn, and cuddle up on the couch for a movie night at home.
- Picnic in the Park - Grab a picnic basket, some food, and maybe some wine and find a nice park to sit in for a picnic. You could do it at night and watch the stars. If the weather doesn’t allow that, you could always lay out a blanket in the living room and have an indoor picnic. The location doesn’t matter as much as the fact that the two of you are together.
- Night at the Museum - Some museums have certain nights when admission is free or discounted. They even have special displays and events that you could check out with your partner. Get dressed up and go check one out.
- Coffee and Conversation - Go to your local coffee house and enjoy a nice conversation over coffee or tea. A lot of coffee houses also offer live entertainment on certain nights.
- Happy Hour - When was the last time the two of you went out for a night on the town? Go to a local bar, grab some drinks, eat some wings, and dance the night away. Be sure to take a cab if you plan to drink alcohol.
- Geocaching - If the two of you enjoy a little adventure, why not try the latest scavenger hunt craze? Grab your GPS, hop in the car, and channel your inner pirate.
- Mini Golf - This can be a fun way to spend a couple of hours with your partner.
- Go Bowling - This is another fun and inexpensive activity that you and your partner could engage in.
- Check out the local colleges - Many college campuses offer an array of activities for their students and the community. Plays, musical performances, art displays, movie screenings, lectures, etc. See what your local universities have to offer in the way of entertainment.
- Dinner for Two - Go out to your favorite restaurant for a nice romantic dinner. Or cook a special dinner, light a candle, and dine in the comfort of your own home. You could make it extra special by cooking together. This extends the time that the two of you are together and makes it even more enjoyable as you work together to create something delicious.
As you can see from these ten ideas, staying connected with your partner doesn’t have to be elaborate or expensive. It just has to be meaningful. In the midst of all of the hustle and bustle of life, your career, and parenthood, make sure you make your relationship a priority.
What is your favorite date night activity?
Post a Comment